Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Boxing

Anthony Joshua’s rematch with Oleksandr Usyk confirmed’ for August 20

Top boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn has confirmed that Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk have agreed on personal terms ahead of their heavyweight title rematch to take place on August 20 in Saudi Arabia.

The Ukrainian defeated Joshua by unanimous decision back in September, and the two have been in talks over a rematch ever since then. Finally, a deal has now been agreed upon for the fight.

The fight had been put on hold after originally being planned for July, but, according to The Sun, Hearn has said the rematch is to be announced officially next week.
‘Thankfully I don’t have to say a couple of weeks anymore,’ said Hearn.
‘I can say next week 100 per cent you’ll get an announcement about that fight.
‘The paperwork is now taken care in full and we’re obviously get the press conference out of the way today, we’ve got a show in Mexico tonight.’

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

The fight is expected to be staged at Jeddah Super Dome, a record-breaking state-of-the-art arena in Saudi Arabia.
Joshua is attempting to regain his WBA, WBO and IBF titles after a unanimous decision loss to the Ukrainian in September.

Please Comment and Share

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous

    June 10, 2022 at 7:33 pm

    Josha, nor let the guy beat u again ooo. Naija to the world

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like

Sport News

Dillian Whyte has declared himself ready to ‘step up’ and fight Anthony Joshua in December after Tyson Fury stated that a Battle of Britain...

Sport News

Former WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has claimed that Anthony Joshua avoided fighting him years ago when he tried to make a unification bout...

Sport News

Ukranian fighter, Oleksandr Usyk confirmed his spot at the top of the heavyweight division with a rematch win over British-Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua on...

Boxing

Floyd Mayweather has claimed that he earns $300million (£247m) every month despite Jake Paul ‘s allegation that the boxing legend is “broke”. Mayweather, 45,...

Advertisement

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.