Following a claim that the Nigerian government was considering taking a loan from the man of the hour, Obi Cubana, government officials have now put up a statement claiming such reports are untrue.
Cubana hosted a talk of the national funeral for his mum last Thursday and Friday. From the affluence displayed at the funeral, an online media posted an article suggesting that Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information, had said that Cubana has such money and Nigeria is still going to China for a loan.
The Ministry of Information via its Facebook page today July 18, denied the report and described it as “fake news”.
10 things you didn’t know about Obi Cubana
We’re just halfway through the year but Obi Cubana’s enormous mother’s burial might have just made it to the top 5 entertainment talking points of 2021.
The one-week ceremony was characterized by the spraying of cash and an open display of opulence by guests; it was nothing short of a show of affluence and wealth, as a number of high profile individuals trooped to the South East to attend the event.
The 46-year-old nightlife boss, who lost his mother in December 2020 and recently had her immortalised with a pendant and necklace worth $100,000, succeeded in announcing his village to the world.
The question on everyone’s lips now is: Who really is Obi Cubana?
Obi Cubana, a relatively low key man first got media attention after his fallout with erstwhile protege Chief priest Cubana. Prior to the fallout, many people were of the belief that Chiefpriest–who has a bubbly social media presence–was the mogul behind the Cubana brand. Little did we know he was just the face behind the brand and Obi was the founder and major stakeholder. This latest massive burial for his mother has now shone more light on the Anambra hailed multi-millionaire
We’ve compiled 10 things you should know about Obi Cubana
- Obi Cubana was born Obinna Iyiegbu on 12th April 1975 in Anambra. He is 45 years old
- Obi Cubana is the fourth child and last son of his parents
- He attended Central Primary School where he obtained his First School Leaving Certificate. He obtained his West Africa Secondary School Certificate at Dennis Memorial Grammar School.
- He graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
- Obi Cubana’s career started in 2006 as he founded a Club called Ibiza Club in Abuja as he sought to satisfy fun seekers.
- Following the remarkable success he made from Ibiza club, he established Cubana, a hospitality club that provides all-round entertainment and satisfaction in 2009.
- Cubana was first established in Owerri, Imo State. Today, it has spread across various states in the country including Lagos, Abia and Enugu.
- He is chairman of Cubana Group and works with like-minds to aid the further growth of the Cubana Group like Paschal Okechukwu, who is the General Manager of Cubana, Owerri and others.
- He is currently working on Cubana Dubai and Cubana Real Estate.
- He is married to Ebele Iyiegbu, aka Lush Eby who is a lawyer by profession and they are blessed with four kids whom are all boys.